Due to the overwhelming response on Twitter that players would be interested in trying out my scenarios for RoR I decided to put together a quick rules pack with the T4G version of the Regiments of Renown Rules.
Since it is unlikely the Events Team will update their pack until the next event is announced (probably 6 months) we have taken their fantastic rules set and provided our own additions and alterations in an attempt to make the system slightly more balanced and fun based on our experiences at the first RoR event at Warhammer World.
All credit must go to the GW Events Team for the basis of the rules which make up the large majority of this pack. The rules have been copied, reworded and alerted in a few places, but ultimately we decided it was easier to copy all the rules across to a new Rules Pack (ready for distribution at future T4G RoR events) rather than making a small errata to the existing pack.
You can find our pack by following the links to the Regiment of Renown page on the T4G home page, or by clicking here: http://taleoffourgeeks.co.uk/?page_id=642
Current changes to the GW system:
- Chaos Dwarfs Allowed (why not?!)
- Epic Flail removed, and replaced with a frenzy ability. (It’s filth, and was in 90% of lists).
- Combat Res altered: See page 11. Flank and Rear bonuses apply when already engaged to front. (There should be some benefit to larger Regiments outnumbering small elite ones. Small elite regiments dominated the first event.)
- Victory Points altered. Separate set of standard Victory Conditions for all scenarios, in addition to Scenario VPs.
- Three additional Scenarios added. (These should also go some way to discouraging the one dimension 3-man elite Regiments.)
Please playtest the above rules and let us know what you think! If you feel the changes to the original system help, or hinder the system please let us know either way. If you could also try the Scenarios and share your thoughts that would be excellent.
JonWe need YOU! We want to make T4G the best Warhammer hobby blog on the net! Do you have an article, army pictures, or other content that you'd like to share on T4G? Or interested in becoming a regular T4G contributer? Let us know by sending us a message on the Contact T4G! page!